Avocado oil; A nutritious oil pressed from Avocado fruit, which is rich in monounsaturated fats, proteins, vitamins, potassium and other minerals.
Now, we will briefly explain how avocado oil can be used effectively.
1. As a moisturizer : Avocado oil has the ability to enter deeply into hair strands and provide a wet environment for hair. Hence they can act as a very good moisturizer for dry, brittle, and damaged hair.
2. As a hair oil : Because of the high penetrative power, Avo oil doesn’t leave any kind of stiffness on the surface of hair. Therefore they are widely used as a hair oil. It has a light weight formula that’s easily absorbed into the hair and scalp.
3. As a detangler : Avocado oil can be used as a perfect detangler without having a slippery feel, thanks to their lubricating nature!! We can either use them alone or in combination with other oils.
4. As a dandruff remover : They can also help in preventing hair loss and other dandruff related problems to a great extend.
5. It contains many nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, E, protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and folic acid. All these nutrients are beneficial for nourishment and hair growth.
6. It has natural humectant properties adding and locking in moisture.
7. It acts as a natural SPF.
8. It’s also great for deep conditioning, strengthening hair, and adding shine.
9. The vitamins, amino acids, and high fat content promote healthy cell growth and are great for maintaining and restoring scalp health (dry, itchy scalp).
10. Avocado oil can be added to shampoo, used as a deep treatment, or used as a sealant.
Now that we have touched up on the various benefits of avocado oil for hair, let us see what it will take to make our own 100% pure uncooked cold pressed avocado oil right in out home.
you are going to need :-
4 ripe avocados. some were still good and some, as you can see were half rotten
2 spoons or a pair of chopsticks if you have!
a plate (made of alloy, or steel)
or you can use a stainless steel tray (i got this recently)
small cloth, cotton or polyester or scarf
(if you dont have a blender/mixer)
take out the seed/stone and put the riped avo flesh in a alloy/steel container.
press and mash using the back of the spoon until all turned smooth
spread the smooth mashed avo and make the layer as thin as you can.
add more plates if you wish to.
put under the hot sun until they turned dark.
i left this 3 plates from morning till the evening in a day.
scrap it out using a plastic spoon. it looks like copra
put all in a container
put a small portion (1 table spoon) on the cloth and spread them
and roll the cloth like shown above
take the 2 spoon and tie the end of each cloth like shown above
twist and squeeze as hard as you can. strong fingers are better and weak ones ;p
from 4 avocados. uncooked and vitamins preserved.
look at the color! green and smells nice with no burning smell! real, genuine and pure avo oil
Store in an air tight contsiner
You dont have to have a special machine to extract/expel avocado oil. everything can be done at home.
4 avocados can produce 50-55 ml pure, cold pressed avocado oil.
Happy trying and good luck 🙂