Vodka is not only a popular ingredient in cocktail recipes. It can also be used for hair care. Because of its slight acidity, vodka is considered an ideal hair care product. Here’s why;
- The pH of vodka is similar to the natural pH of the scalp oil.
- Treating the hair with vodka helps in closing the hair cuticles that helps in improving the texture of the hair.
- Rinsing the hair with vodka makes the hair smooth and frizz free
- Relieves dandruff, dry, itchy & scaly scalp
- It adds volume to the hair
- Prevents hair loss
- Promotes hair growth
- Vodka is also an excellent cleanser.
- It helps in dissolving the impurities and residues that the hair styling products leave behind on the scalp and hair.
You Can Take Care Of Your Hair With Vodka In The Following Ways:
To get frizz free hair:
Most of the shampoos contain silicones and parabens. Sometimes our bathing water contains a lot of alkaline substances like calcium carbonate, hydrogen bicarbonate etc. These chemicals are alkaline in nature and make our hair fizzy and rough. Vodka is known to maintain the ph level of the hair. It has a low ph level (acidic in nature) and thus can help to de-frizz your hair.
- Take about 10ml of vodka add mix it in a 60ml bottle of your favourite conditioner.
- Shake it well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use it once a week.
- You will find smooth and manageable, as it is an excellenthome remedy to de-frizz you hair.
After washing your hair, use vodka as the final rinse. The vodka rinse leaves your hair smooth, lustrous and voluminous. Prepare the rinse by mixing a tablespoon of vodka with a mug of water. Pour the vodka on your scalp and hair. With your fingertips gently massage your scalp to help your scalp absorb the drink. When applied to the scalp, vodka acts as an astringent and antiseptic and helps in preventing dandruff.
Vodka With Mayonnaise, Avocado And Honey For Shiny Hair
Prepare a hair mask by combining a shot glass of vodka with a tablespoon of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of mashed avocado pulp, one beaten egg and a teaspoon of honey. Spread the hair mask on your scalp and hair. Leave it on your hair for 20 minutes. Rinse off with water and wash your hair with mild shampoo. The hair mask makes your hair soft and shiny.
Vodka And Rosemary For Dandruff
Add a tablespoon of dried rosemary in a cup of vodka. Let the rosemary steep in vodka for 2 to 3 days. Strain the liquor. With a cotton ball apply the rosemary infused vodka to your scalp. Leave the vodka on your scalp for 45 to 60 minutes and then rinse with water. This is an excellent remedy for hair fall. The rosemary infused vodka reduces dandruff and strengthens the hair roots.
For Hair growth
Vodka stimulates hair growth as it removes any product build up on the scalp. It cleanses the scalp and makes the hair grow faster.
- For this treatment, mix 10 ml of neat vodka in 60 ml of shampoo and mix well.
- Shampoo your hair with this mixture to get clean and smooth hair.
Vodka And Cayenne Pepper For Hair Growth
Combining vodka with cayenne pepper helps in stimulating the hair follicles, which helps the hair to grow quickly. By increasing blood circulation in the scalp, the vodka and cayenne pepper mixture helps in increasing supply of oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles, thereby helping in healthy hair growth. Mix ½-teaspoon of cayenne pepper with ½- cup of vodka. Massage your scalp with the mixture for a few minutes. Leave it on your scalp overnight. In the morning, rinse with water.
Vodka, Honey And Onion Juice For Hair Loss
This is an effective remedy for hair fall and dandruff. To a cup of vodka, add a tablespoon each of honey and onion juice. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with the mixture. Leave it on your scalp overnight. Next morning, wash your hair with mild shampoo.